The Israel Issue - Series 2
- Episode 1: The Vital Issue
- Episode 2: God's Gifts to Israel
- Episode 3: Adopted as Sons
- Episode 4: Encountered the Glory
- Episode 5: Received the Covenants
- Episode 6: Taught by the Law
- Episode 7: Engaged in Service
- Episode 8: Blessed by the Promises
- Episode 9: Because of the Patriarchs
- What makes the difference between just having an interest in the Jewish roots of our faith, and it actually changing our life? (James 1:22)
- How would the Church change if it really honored the Jewish roots of the Christian faith? (Romans 11:17-18)
- How does the picture of the tree planted by the waters inspire you? (Jeremiah 17:8)
- How does Yeshua’s teaching about good and bad trees relate to the picture of the olive tree? (Matthew 7:17-20 &12:33)
- How could receiving sonship, glory, covenants, Torah, temple service, promises and patriarchs enable Israel to be a "light to the nations"? (Isaiah 42:5-9 & 49:6-7)
- How can these gifts lead to greater spiritual fruitfulness in our own lives?
- What does "being an heir through God" mean? (Galatians 3:26 – 4:7)
- How do you understand Jews and Gentiles being "joint heirs"(Ephesians 3:6) and us being "co-heirs with Messiah"? (Romans 8:17)
- How would you describe the privileges and responsibilities that go with being a son or daughter of God? (2 Corinthians 6:16-18)
- How does Moses’ passion to see more of God’s glory inspire you? (Exodus 33:17-23 and John 1:14)
- What expectations should we have of personally experiencing the glory of God? What effect should it have on us? (2 Corinthians 3:7-10 & 4:6)
- What sort of vision should we have for seeing end-time glory? (Psalm 24:7-10, Isaiah 60:1-3 & 19)
- How has God fulfilled the promise He gave Abram in Genesis 15:1? (Genesis 17:5-8 & 26:4-5, Psalm 105:8-15 and Hebrews 6:13-15)
- What is the essence of the New Covenant God promised to Israel and Judah? (Jeremiah 31:1&31-34) - How is this foreshadowed in Isaiah 59:20-21 and Ezekiel 36:22-28?
- How has taking the New Covenant out of context eroded the Gentiles’ experience of being ‘heirs together with Israel’? (Ephesians 3:6)
- What lay behind the passion that the writer of Psalm 119 had for the Torah? (vvs1, 18, 34, 55-6 & 92 etc.)
- What will be the role of the Torah in the end-time kingdom? (Isaiah 2:2-3 and Zechariah 8:20-23)
- How do you understand Paul’s statement that “love is the fullness of the Torah”? (Matthew 7:12, Romans 13:10 and Galatians 5:14)
- How should our understanding of the Temple Service that is now ours shape the way we live? (Romans 12:1 & 1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
- How does this connect us to the original calling God gave to Israel? (Leviticus 11:44-45 & 20:26 and 1 Peter 1:15-16)
- How will this prepare us for the end-time Temple Service? (Micah 4:1-5)
- What do you learn from Abraham’s understanding of God’s promises? (Romans 4:13 & 20-21)
- How do the promises of God’s judgment apply under the New Covenant? (Joshua 23:14-16, 2 Corinthians 7:1)
- How do the promises we have in the New Covenant inspire you to live a life of righteousness? (eg Acts 3:21, Phil 3:21, 1 Thess. 4:17, James 1:12 & 2:5, 2 Peter 1:3 & 3:13, & 1 John 2:25)
- What does it mean to you to be “Abraham’s seed – an heir according to the promise”? (Galatians 3:29)
- How do you now understand Paul’s reason for introducing Romans 9-11 with this list of irrevocable gifts? (Romans 9:4-5 & 11:29)
- how in practice can each constituent of the nourishment that comes from your Jewish roots help you to be more spiritually fruitful?
The Israel Issue - Series 1
- Episode 1: The Missing Glory
- Episode 2: The Unrecovered Key
- Episode 3: The Incompletion of the Reformation
- Episode 4: The Great Deception
- Episode 5: The Irrevocable Place of Israel
- Episode 6: The Damage of Replacement Theology
- Episode 7: The Recovery of our Aim
- Episode 8: The Fullness of the Gentiles
- Episode 9: The Saving of All Israel
- Episode 10: The Challenge to Us
- How did you score today’s Church, and why?
How could the Church raise its score?
What should ‘glory’ in the Church look like?
(Ephesians 3:10, 3:20, 5:25-27)
- How do you view the nation of Israel, past, present and future?
(Deuteronomy 14:2, 28:1-15f.)
- How does today’s Church and nation of Israel relate to each other?
How do you picture the first believers?
How can we as 3 rd millennium Gentiles imitate them as 1 st millennium Jews?
What enabled their success? (1 Corinthians 1:18-31)
How do you picture the 16 th century Reformers?
Why did they conclude that Israel had no ongoing place in the plan of God?
How did this contravene the promises of God?
(Jeremiah 31:3-6, 31-37)
What are the consequences through the past 500 years of the Church believing it is ‘the New Israel’?
How would you describe Martin Luther’s journey from understanding of righteousness to be the yardstick for God’s punishment of sinful men (Psalm 31:1-13) to his understanding of it being ‘by faith’ (Romans 1:17)?
What does God’s righteousness being ‘from faith to faith’ mean for you? (Psalm 48:10, 97:2, 119:137)
Why was Luther so mistaken to think that the Jewish people had to ‘come over to us’? (Isaiah 43:1, 49:6)
In what way did Luther’s experience reflect the warning God gave to Abraham? (Genesis 12:2-3)
Does the devil’s lie regarding the Church replacing Israel tell us anything about the significance of Israel in God’s purposes?
How has this lie affected the Church, the nation of Israel, and for the world?
What is the underlying aim of all the devil’s deceptions? (Isaiah 14:13-14)
In what ways are Yeshua’s warnings about the end-time deception relevant to us? (Matthew 24:9-13, Mark 13:22-23)
What is God saying to those who promote Replacement Theology? (Jeremiah 23:1-2, Ezekiel 34:7-10)
What is the identity and destiny that the devil is hiding from the Church? (Ephesians 2: 11-16)
How did God’s promise to Abraham contrast with His dealings with the men of Babel? (Genesis 11:1-9)
What was the nature of the covenant God gave Abraham? (Genesis 12:1-3, 17:3-8)
Why did God call Israel to be priests, a nation and a light to the world? (Exodus 19:5-6, Deuteronomy 7:7-9, Isaiah 42:6-7)
What did God mean when He called Israel the apple of His eye, and when He called Himself a husband to Israel? (Deuteronomy 32:10, Jeremiah 31:32)
What is the significance of today’s nation state of Israel? (Isaiah 11:10-11, Jeremiah 16:14-15, 33:7-9)
How does this reflect Paul’s comment on whether God has given up on Israel? (Romans 11:1, 28-29)
How has the view that the Church is 'the New Israel' eroded our understanding of Scripture? (Luke 4:21&21:22, 2 Timothy 3:16)
How has the view that the Church is 'the New Israel' eroded our view of God's law? (Malachi 4:4, Matthew 5:17, Romans 3:31&10:4)
How has the view that the Church is 'the New Israel' eroded our hope for Yeshua's coming reign on earth? (Isaiah 9:6-7 & 60:1-22, Daniel 7:13-14)
What was the context of Yeshua’s calling us to ‘Seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness’? (Matthew 6:33) - What is the gospel of the kingdom we should be proclaiming? (Matthew 4:23 & 24:14, Acts 28:31)
How does this calling fit with the calling God gave to Israel? (Isaiah 42:6)
What are the differences between the Greek mindset of today’s Gentilized Christianity and the Hebrew mindset of the first believers? - What would today’s Church look like if it rediscovered its true calling?
How do you understand ‘Israel has experienced a hardening in part …‘until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in … and so all Israel will be saved’? (Romans 11:25&26)
How does this fit with current world events? (Luke 21:20-24)
What would it take to cause Israel to become envious today? - And what will happen when it does? (Romans 11:13-15)
How would you explain what Yeshua meant by saying ’salvation is from the Jews’? (John 4:22) - How does the saving of all Israel fit into God’s overall plan of salvation?
How do you understand the prophesy ‘In that day I will restore David’s fallen tent’ (Amos 9:11-15)
How do you now understand the relationship between the Church and the nation of Israel?
How would you describe the ignorance and the arrogance in today’s Church about God’s purposes for Israel? (Romans 11:20-25) - What is the consequence of the indifference it leads to?
What would it mean for the ‘unplowed ground’ to be broken up - In your own life? - In your local church - In the worldwide Church? (Hosea 10:12)
What specific actions will you take as a result of this? (Isaiah 55:10-11, Matthew 7:24-27 & 13:1-23)